FMI has a range of self-paced open learning short courses and programs to develop practical skills for key areas of people management and leadership, operational management, strategic management and personal management such as time management.
Options for self-paced learning
The following programs and courses are available via self-paced learning:
- Business case planning short course
- Business writing skills short course
- Change management short course
- Client relationships short course
- Coaching short course
- Communicate with influence short course
- Continuous improvement short course
- Customer service short course
- Decision making and problem solving short course
- Delegation short course
- Emotional intelligence at work short course
- Leadership short course
- Manage a team short course
- Mentoring short course
- Negotiation skills short course
- New managers short course
- New supervisors / team leaders short course
- Operational plans and systems short course
- People development short course
- Performance management short course
- Practical management skills short course
- Presentation skills short course
- Project management short course
- Risk management short course
- Stress management short course
- The mind at work short courses
- Time management short course
- Train the trainer short course
When can I start?
This flexible delivery option enables you to start any time and complete at your own pace.
How much does it cost?
Courses start at AUD$498. Contact us for specific pricing.
How do I pay?
When you book we will send you an invoice and you can pay by EFT, Visa, MasterCard or cheque.
Where are these programs available?
You can enrol from anywhere in the world. The courses are all in English.
What do I need to complete the program?
You will need an email account and Word Processing. You should be working in a relevant role – this may be in a volunteer capacity.
How does it work?
When a learner completes a self-paced program they receive:
- Learning and assessment materials sent by email
- Workplace application activities and / or project
- Free help line by email or phone
- Certificate available and sent as PDF on satisfactory completion
Do I get a certificate from FMI?
You must submit your workplace application activities / project for review. Upon successful completion you will be emailed a completion certificate as a PDF which you can print.
How long does it take to complete a course?
You have up to 3 months to complete each course or module and 1 year to complete a program or certification. Aside from this you can set you own schedule.