Change is inevitable for organisations and teams. However the way that change is managed will influence the response from stakeholders. Change that is managed well will allow people to see the purpose of change and understand their roles so that they can contribute as necessary.
Organisations that recognise the value of strategic change management can benefit from an organised and directed approach towards the change in which employees support the change rather than resist it.
COMMON REASONS FOR STRATEGIC CHANGE MANAGEMENT
- Industry e.g. changes to funding, increased competition
- Management restructure e.g. new CEO who has different approach to organisational management
- Change of strategic goals e.g. improve performance
BENEFITS OF STRATEGIC CHANGE MANAGEMENT
- Potential to align values of employees and organisation
- Improved systems can lead to clearer internal and external communication
- Objectives and performance management strategies are implemented
EXAMPLE SOLUTIONS FOR STRATEGIC CHANGE MANAGEMENT
- A series of short programs for the team to improve time use, process design and project management
- Coaching of individuals to improve their change management capability and to set and review change management processes
- Training in change management