Develop leadership and management capability to improve workplace effectiveness and efficiency.
- They may have difficulty delegating and allocating work to others and so often very time poor
- It is very common for managers and leaders to not spend enough time on strategic work and so are often dealing with the same issues over and again (firefighting) rather than addressing root causes and developing a continuous improvement approach
- Many find it challenging to manage performance of others including how to give them feedback, develop performance plans and find ways to engage team members
- Some may struggle adapting their interpersonal and communication style and for different team members resulting in conflict or disengagement from team
- Some need to help their teams develop competencies by using coaching and mentoring
- A growing area of focus is how to manage the wellbeing of themselves and their teams
- Many are required to manage projects and keep them on schedule and budget whilst delivering on project objectives
- They may not have developed the necessary skills to present clear and concise information, plans and proposals to various stakeholders
FMI has a range of coaching, management training programs and management short course options available for managers and leaders. These vary from the equivalent of a 1 day course to a full 10 day leadership and management program. FMI also offers certification for leaders and managers seeking a practical, work based certificate option.
- A focused short training course to cover essential practical management skills
- A range of short training courses covering key areas for managers and leaders such as delegation and time management
- A practical management skills training program
- A focused training program for management teams
- Coaching programs to develop key management skills or overcome specific management challenges
- Design of a customised training program or course