Develop essential management skills for new managers
Develop new managers to ensure they have the essential skills to transition into their new role and carry out work effectively.
FMI has trained thousands of new managers over the last 20 years and is a leader in this field.
Key issues faced by new managers:
- The new role is usually more demanding than anticipated
- There is often a gap between existing expectations, capabilities and experience and those required for the new position. This can be stressful for the new manager, their manager, their team and the organisation.
- Learning to manage others for the first time requires an adjustment to the way you work, how you perceive yourself and how others perceive you.
- Many new managers have received little to no formal training and so thy have limited resources or tools to draw upon when needed.
- There may be a lack of understanding about policies, procedures and frameworks that new managers must work with.
- New managers may struggle to identify the most appropriate approach to take when dealing with issues.
- New managers may not know how to respond when conflict or other challenges arise.
Learning and development options for new managers
FMI offers a range of short courses, training programs, coaching and self-paced learning programs to assist new managers to make the transition to their new role and enhance their effectiveness. FMI’s learning and development solutions combine structured learning with on the job projects, feedback tools and reports to ensure learners apply skills and develop capability and drive results for themselves and their organisations.
- Short training course to cover essential management skills for new manager
- A range of short training courses covering key areas for new managers such as delegation and time management
- Training programs designed for new managers
- Self paced open learning
- Practical management certification program to develop capabilities and gain recognition
- Design of a customised training program or course