Challenge coaching is designed to help managers move through challenging situations by learning how to use effective personal leadership and people management strategies.
This coaching program draws on FMI’s relevant people management and personal leadership short courses and offers a practical, work based approach to overcoming common challenges managers face.
This three to six month program is designed for managers currently facing a challenge that they want to overcome by developing their leadership and management skills.
The coach works with the participant to identify key content areas to focus on, working through learning objectives and tailoring the program to suit their specific learning needs and working context. Between each session the participant applies learning to their work and is able to review and evaluate their performance with the coach.
This coaching program helps to develop knowledge, improve capability and build confidence for people managers.
Topics for this coaching program are selected from the following:
Manage challenging conversations
- Overcome reluctance to engage in challenging conversations
- The stages involved in managing a challenging conversation
- Value the importance of emotional intelligence in a challenging conversation
- Understand and manage your own emotions
- Understand and deal with, as far as appropriate, the emotions of the other party
Manage conflict at work
- Strategies for managing conflict
- Negotiation and mediation in conflict
- Assertiveness in conflict
- Manage meetings to reduce conflict
- Manage inappropriate behaviour such as bullying
Raise the leadership standard
- Be a positive role model
- Apply emotional intelligence as a leader
- Develop a positive workplace culture
- Question performance damaging to your organisation
- Demonstrate integrity and credibility
- Assess and review performance
- Provide performance feedback
- Performance improvement plans
- Identify and act on issues and problems of individuals
- Help from specialised human resources services
- Follow through on issues and problems
- Negotiation strategies and tactics in practice
- Be aware of and control your emotions in negotiation
- Deal with upset or difficult people and behaviours
- Intensive practice in negotiations and analysis of results
- Stress management
- Responding with resilience
- Managing your mindset
- Take control of your reactions to events
- Mindfulness techniques
FMI's coaching programs
FMI offers coaching in three different formats: Face to Face; Phone; Skype. Participants can select the mode(s) that are most suitable for their situation and budget.
The participant agrees outcomes they wish to achieve through the coaching. This agreement is documented so it can be referred back to review and check progress being made.
FMI coaches are experienced as leaders and managers themselves and help people with practical and effective coaching to enhance their abilities as leaders and managers.
The value of coaching programs with FMI
FMI’s coaching services help managers develop strengths in the specific areas that are most important for them and their work context. Programs are designed to ensure that development is embedded into actual workplace practice. The targeted and customised coaching programs offer a highly cost-effective and efficient way to optimise leadership and management performance.
4 sessions delivered over 6 weeks (delivered fortnightly) by phone, video call or face to face.
Who is this program designed for?
This coaching program is designed for managers currently facing a challenge that they want to overcome by developing their leadership and management skills.
Send us an enquiry
Reading an overview is often not enough to make a decision about whether that course or program is suitable for you, your team or organisation. Please contact us to discuss your specific challenges, development needs and strategic initiatives. We can advise you on suitable learning and development solutions, even if it includes courses, programs or services not included in our catalogue.