This course provides participants with tools and strategies for managing and enhancing interaction in meetings with clients to review ongoing work.
Client meetings must be focused on clear objectives that you wish to obtain. They should not be just a matter of “keeping in touch” with your client. This means you must prepare thoroughly and write a clear but concise plan.
During the meeting the discussion should be managed professionally. The meeting must be customer focused. You must use careful listening and interactive skills to identify and clarify opportunities, issues and painful problems that the client may face. This program takes a practical approach to developing and enhancing client meetings that are effective and achieve desired outcomes for you, your client and your organisation.
Key learning content
Prepare for the client meeting
- The value of effective client review meetings
- Identify the specific opportunities that you intend the meeting should Identify
- Set clear goals and outcomes for the meeting: what would you ideally like to achieve as a maximum desirable outcome and what is the minimum acceptable outcome from the meeting?
- Schedule the meeting and discuss key items with client by phone or email so they can prepare
- Develop the meeting agenda planning your key steps and significant questions you may ask
- Prepare documentation and/or visual aids required for the meeting and to be sent out before the meeting
Run the meeting effectively
- Review the significant business benefit and key issues
- Use carefully chosen questions to probe and invite input
- Be prepared to stay silent when appropriate
- Keep the meeting on track and on schedule
- Seek a win-win outcome as you negotiate and identify shared responsibilities
- Summarise with the client the outcomes and action to be taken
- Record results and action outcomes and schedule
Follow up the meeting to optimise results
- Send client written confirmation of agreement and follow up
- Take follow up action as promised and keep client informed of progress
How this course drives results
- Improve quality of communication with clients
- Develop clear systems for dealing with clients
- Improve consistency of customer service delivery
- Build client networks
- 1 day In house course (short course or module in a training program) or
- 3 session coaching program
Who is this course designed for?
This course is suitable for managers and others responsible for managing ongoing client interactions regarding service or product delivery.
Send us an enquiry
Reading an overview is often not enough to make a decision about whether that course or program is suitable for you, your team or organisation. Please contact us to discuss your specific challenges, development needs and strategic initiatives. We can advise you on suitable learning and development solutions, even if it includes courses, programs or services not included in our catalogue.