This course provides a practical framework for coaching and mentoring peers and colleagues.
Coaching and mentoring are a fundamental part of a manager’s role. Coaching and mentoring provide a personal and tailored approach to learning and development. It is particularly beneficial where knowledge transfer is required for a small number of people or for very specific needs. One of the most powerful ways for a manager or a supervisor to improve performance is through coaching and mentoring those on their team. This course provides a professional approach to coaching and mentoring.
Key learning content
- When to use coaching
- Analyse coaching needs
- Develop a coaching plan
- Effective coaching
- Understand the significance of learning styles
- How to build rapport
- Listening and watching skills for expert coaching
- Coaching skills, tips and hints
- Organise “practice to make perfect”
- Assess performance
- Develop a coaching contract
- Evaluate coaching and learning and improve effectiveness
- Overcome common barriers to coaching
- Keep coaching records
- Plan your own development in coaching
- Mentor in your organisation
- Distinctions between mentoring and coaching
- Plan and organise your mentoring
- Evaluate mentoree’s profile and characteristics
- Listen and question as a mentor
- Work effectively as a mentor
- Challenges and issues in mentoring
- Evaluate your mentoree’s performance
- Evaluate your own mentoring performance
- Move forward as a mentor
How this course drives results
- Embed coaching and mentoring in leadership to share knowledge and develop skills
- Create coaching and mentoring plans to support team members moving into new roles or taking on new responsibilities
- Keep coaching and mentoring sessions focused and on track to enhance effectiveness and efficiency
- 1 day In house course (short course or module in a training program) or
- 3 session coaching program
Who is this course designed for?
This course is designed for managers or specialists who want to improve their coaching and mentoring.
Send us an enquiry
Reading an overview is often not enough to make a decision about whether that course or program is suitable for you, your team or organisation. Please contact us to discuss your specific challenges, development needs and strategic initiatives. We can advise you on suitable learning and development solutions, even if it includes courses, programs or services not included in our catalogue.