FMI’s coaching courses develop the skills required to effectively coach other people.
Coaching provides a personal and tailored approach to learning and development. It is particularly beneficial where knowledge transfer is required for a small number of people or for very specific and needs. One of the most powerful ways for a manager or a supervisor to improve performance is through coaching those on their team. Coaching is now viewed as a fundamental part of a manager’s role.
Key learning content
- Improving performance through improving competency
- Coaching and mentoring and the manager’s role
- When not to use coaching
- Analyse coaching needs
- Develop a coaching plan
- Effective coaching
- Matching coaching styles to learning styles
- How to build rapport
- Listening and watching skills for expert coaching
- Coaching skills, tips and hints
- Organising “practice to make perfect”
- Assessing performance
- Develop a coaching contract
- Evaluating coaching and learning and improving effectiveness
- Overcoming common barriers to coaching
- Keeping coaching records
- Planning your own development in coaching
Review and application
- Your action plan for improved coaching
This course is available as:
Professional course: 1 day face to face training course with interactive discussion, examples, case studies and role plays to demonstrate and apply principles
Essential Session: 1.5 hour training course providing a concise overview of key principles involved
Fast Track: 3 hour training courses that provides an overview with discussion, examples and case studies of principles and their application
Change Maker: 6 week training program combining course with application in the workplace and review session
Open learning: learners are sent electronic copy of materials to complete course in their own time
Coaching: coaching provided in blocks of 30 minutes face to face, via phone, Skype or email
Blended course: combination of face to face training, online learning and / or coaching
Benefits to the learner
- Learn how to plan a coaching session to get the most out of the time and keep it on track
- Develop skills to tailor coaching to build rapport with different people
- Learn some strategies on how to track and assess competency development
Benefits to the organisation
- Employees can keep knowledge within the organisation by coaching one another
- Build staff competence with coaching to support employees moving into new roles or taking on new responsibilities
- Empower coaches by providing recognition that their knowledge is valuable to the organisation
There is no formal assessment available for this course, however participants can complete a 6 week Change Maker Action Program.
Who is this course designed for?
This course is designed for anyone who wants to improve their coaching ability.
Reading a course overview is often not enough to make a decision about whether that course is suitable for you, your team or organisation.
Here at FMI we have a wealth of knowledge and experience in management and leadership which we are happy to share with you. If you would like to chat about your particular needs we can advise you on suitable learning and development solutions for you, even if it includes services that we do not currently offer.
If you are interested in delivery for onsite training for a group in your organisations, we can vary or design the course to suit your specific needs and organisational objectives.
We also specialise in designing training courses, coaching programs and assessment tools, so if you can’t find what you’re looking for, be sure to ask us if we can put it together for you.