This course teaches people how to manage conflict for positive change.
Conflict in work situations can arise from a variety of reasons including differing opinions, approaches to situations or from emotional disturbance. Whilst conflict is a natural occurrence, it is our response which must be managed to ensure a positive outcome. When approached properly, conflict can foster creativity and more innovative solutions. For leaders it is important to deal with conflict proactively and not let it become out of hand and undermine both morale and performance. This course teaches how conflict management strategies such as applying emotional intelligence, using negotiation skills and being assertive can help to resolve or at least manage conflict constructively.
Conflict at work
- Conflict situations in the workplace
- Leading others in conflict situations
- Strategies for managing conflict
- Conflict management styles
- Conflict and work culture
- Needs and wants in conflict situations
- Negotiation and mediation in conflict
- Assertiveness in conflict
- Manage meetings to reduce conflict
- Manage inappropriate behaviour such as bullying
Apply conflict management strategies
- Practical strategies to manage conflict situations as they arise
- Strategies to minimise future conflict
- Equip leaders and staff with skills to handle difficult situations before escalating them
- Help reduce instances of conflict and bullying
- Shift negative attitudes and enable healthy differences of opinion to foster creativity and more innovative solutions
- 1 day In house course (short course or module in a training program) or
- 3 session coaching program
Who is this course designed for?
This course is designed for anyone who wants to improve their conflict management skills.