This course shows how to delegate tasks effectively so that the results wanted are achieved.
Delegation is the ability to pass responsibility for the effective completion of a task, whether simple or complex, to someone else. To be able to effectively delegate you must be confident that the abilities of the person or team you are delegating to will enable them to complete the task. This entails not only their personal competence to be able to complete the task but also your ability to effectively communicate, engage and direct them as to your expectations. Delegation is a crucial skill for those who take on responsibility for leading others.
Key learning content
- Establishing delegation goals
- Matching people’s capabilities to delegation tasks
- Preparation for delegation
- Carrying out delegation
- Managing and monitoring delegate’s performance
- Giving feedback for improved delegate performance
Delegation practical application
- Practical exercises in delegation
Benefits to the organisation
- Employees can share workloads with one another
- Less duplication of work and effort
- Better leadership within the organisation
- Less time wasted
- Reduced risk of accidents and mistakes
- Managers have more time to manage others
- Half day In house course (short course or module in a training program) or
- 3 session coaching program
Who is this course designed for?
This course is designed for leaders and managers who want to improve their ability to delegate work.
Send us an enquiry
Reading an overview is often not enough to make a decision about whether that course or program is suitable for you, your team or organisation. Please contact us to discuss your specific challenges, development needs and strategic initiatives. We can advise you on suitable learning and development solutions, even if it includes courses, programs or services not included in our catalogue.