This course shows how to delegate tasks effectively so that the results wanted are achieved.
Delegation and assigning work is the ability to pass responsibility for the effective completion of a task, whether simple or complex, to someone else. To be able to effectively delegate and assign work you must clearly define the task or project and select an appropriate person or team to complete the work. You should be confident that they have the capabilities, resources and appropriate briefing to enable them to complete the task. Delegation is a crucial skill for those who take on responsibility for leading others.
- Establish delegation goals
- Match people’s capabilities to delegation tasks
- Prepare for delegation
- Carry out delegation effectively
Delegation practical application
- Practical exercises in delegation
- Manage and monitor delegate’s performance
- Give feedback for improved delegate performance
- Employees can share workloads with one another
- Less duplication of work and effort
- Better leadership within the organisation
- Less time wasted
- Reduced risk of accidents and mistakes
- Managers have more time to manage others
This course is designed for leaders and managers who want to improve their ability to delegate and assign work.
1 day face to face OR 4 x 90 sessions delivered via Zoom or other video platform
This course is available as a course by coaching. Contact FMI for more details