This course enables people to understand practical ways to apply emotional intelligence at work. It helps optimise results and avoid potential conflicts.
This course explores the way people can optimise their role in building and maintaining positive relationships and communication in the workplace within their team, linking across to other teams and with customers and other stakeholders. As work becomes more fast paced and high pressure it is important for people to have the skills to recognise and regulate their own emotions and respond appropriately to other people’s emotions.
During the course participants will learn how to develop self awareness and control of their own emotions. They will also learn how to interact with other people in a way that is sensitive to their emotion state. The course explores how these skills can be applied in challenging situations such as conflict, feedback and performance related issues. Participants will also learn how to use these skills to optimise collaboration, relationship building and networking.
Emotional intelligence at work
- What is emotional intelligence?
- Changes to the way we work
- Workplace culture
- Emotion management and leadership outcomes
Develop emotional intelligence
- Emotional intelligence at work
- Self-awareness of emotions
- Self-control of emotions
- Recognise other people’s emotions
- Strategies to effectively respond to other people’s emotions
- Challenging conversations
- Manage conflict
- Give and receive feedback
Apply emotional intelligence
- Problem solving
- Improve team cohesion
- Improve team performance
- Build capability of managers to manage difficult interpersonal situations before they escalate
- 1 day In house course (short course or module in a training program) or
- 3 session coaching program
Who is this course designed for?
This course is suitable for anyone who wants to improve their ability to communicate effectively with other people.