This course enables people to understand practical ways to apply emotional intelligence at work for themselves and for the people they interact with. It helps optimise results and avoid potential conflicts.
This course explores the way people can optimise their role in building and maintaining positive relationships and communication in the workplace within their team, linking across to other teams and with customers. As rules for work are changing, people are being judged not just on technical ability but by their ability to deal with other people (“social competence”) and to manage their own emotional reactions to work situations (“personal competence”).
Key learning content
Emotional intelligence at work
- What is emotional intelligence?
- Personal competence and social competence
- Changes to the way we work
- Emotional intelligence and workplace culture
- Emotion management and leadership outcomes
Develop emotional intelligence
- Emotional intelligence at work
- Personal competence
- Social competence
- Your emotional intelligence
Develop emotional intelligence in people you lead
- The importance of dealing with team members with emotional intelligence
- Emotional intelligence as a people manager
- Develop personal competence of team members
- Develop social competence of team members
- Improve emotional awareness
How this course drives results
- Improve team cohesion
- Improve team performance
- Build capability of managers to manage difficult interpersonal situations before they escalate
- 1 day In house course (short course or module in a training program) or
- 3 session coaching program
Who is this course designed for?
This course is suitable for anyone who wants to improve their ability to communicate effectively with other people.
Send us an enquiry
Reading an overview is often not enough to make a decision about whether that course or program is suitable for you, your team or organisation. Please contact us to discuss your specific challenges, development needs and strategic initiatives. We can advise you on suitable learning and development solutions, even if it includes courses, programs or services not included in our catalogue.