FMI’s emotional intelligence courses provide tools and techniques for enhancing the ability to recognise and control emotions.
This course explores the way people can optimise their role in building and maintaining positive relationships and communication in the workplace within their team, linking across to other teams and with customers. As rules for work are changing, people are being judged not just on technical ability but by their ability to deal with other people (“social competence”) and to manage their own emotional reactions to work situations (“personal competence”).
Key learning content
The importance of an emotionally intelligent workplace culture
- What is emotional intelligence?
- Changes to the way we work
- Emotional intelligence and workplace culture
- Emotion management and leadership outcomes
Developing emotional intelligence as team member
- Emotional intelligence at work
- Personal competence
- Social competence
- Your emotional intelligence
Developing emotional intelligence as a people manager
- Emotional intelligence as a people manager
- Developing personal competence of team members
- Developing social competence of team members
- Improving emotional awareness
- Being emotionally aware of your team
Developing emotional intelligence as an organisational leader
- Emotional intelligence as an organisational leader
- What defines an emotionally intelligence workplace?
- Emotional intelligence of a leader for team engagement and motivation
- Developing emotional intelligence of work teams across the organisation
- Cross boundary
- Aligning organisation values
This course is available as:
Professional course: 1 day face to face training course with interactive discussion, examples, case studies and role plays to demonstrate and apply principles
Essential Session: 1.5 hour training course providing a concise overview of key principles involved
Fast Track: 3 hour training courses that provides an overview with discussion, examples and case studies of principles and their application
Change Maker: 6 week training program combining course with application in the workplace and review session
Open learning: learners are sent electronic copy of materials to complete course in their own time
Coaching: coaching provided in blocks of 30 minutes face to face, via phone, Skype or email
Blended course: combination of face to face training, online learning and / or coaching
Benefits to the learner
- Learn how to use emotional intelligence to improve personal competence
- Support emotional intelligence to develop team culture
Benefits to the organisation
- Improve team cohesion
- Improve team performance
- Build capability of managers to manage difficult interpersonal situations before they escalate
The following formal assessment is available for this course:
- BSBLDR501 Develop and use emotional intelligence
Upon successful completion of these assessments participants will be awarded a Statement of Attainment or they may choose to complete additional units which form part of the Certificate IV in Leadership and Management BSB42015 and Diploma of Leadership and Management BSB51915 qualifications.
Alternatively participants can complete a 6 week Change Maker Action Program.
Who is this course designed for?
This course is suitable for anyone who wants to improve their ability to communicate effectively with other people.
Reading a course overview is often not enough to make a decision about whether that course is suitable for you, your team or organisation.
Here at FMI we have a wealth of knowledge and experience in management and leadership which we are happy to share with you. If you would like to chat about your particular needs we can advise you on suitable learning and development solutions for you, even if it includes services that we do not currently offer.
If you are interested in delivery for onsite training for a group in your organisations, we can vary or design the course to suit your specific needs and organisational objectives.
We also specialise in designing training courses, coaching programs and assessment tools, so if you can’t find what you’re looking for, be sure to ask us if we can put it together for you.