This course is an ideal choice for new managers who want to gain a practical approach to managing people.
The challenge of managing other people is both exciting and demanding. Managers play a vital role in making sure that the team performs. Managers must have good people skills as well as an understanding of the technical aspects of the work. This popular practical program helps new or recent managers develop people skills and management skills to lead, motivate and secure good performance from the team. It helps managers plan and organise their work and the work of their team. It helps managers select leadership styles that will suit their situation and enable them to understand the motivation of people at work. It gives practical advice on delegating, running effective team meetings, being assertive, resolving conflicts, coaching and communicating. The course also helps managers plan their future development as a manager.
- Communicate with your team
- Communicate with your managers
- Communicate with your customers and other stakeholders
- Work priorities for new managers
- Manage time
- Manage essentials of project work
Performance management & leadership
- Manage performance
- Leadership styles
- Motivate your team
- People skills for the workplace
- Run effective team meetings
- Delegate effectively
- Coach your team
Issues new managers face
- Challenges you face as a manager
- Resolve conflict
- Be assertive as a new manager
- Deal with difficult situations
- WHS and other requirements
- Overcome barriers and survive stress as a new manager
- Balance your life and work
- Provide managers with an overall approach to manage performance and productivity professionally
- Help new managers to develop their confidence for taking on new a new role as a manager or supervisor so they can step up to the role quickly and effectively
- Assist new managers to understand the need to align work with organisational objectives
- 2 – 3 day In house course or
- 8 session coaching program
Who is this course designed for?
This course is suitable for anyone working in or moving into a manager or supervisor role.