This course enables people to negotiate better to achieve better results.
Negotiation skills enable people to move towards a mutual agreement where all parties involved feel they have benefited from the outcome. Negotiations are commonplace in our everyday lives, not just within the workplace. By learning how to negotiate we can contribute to the improvement of the status quo and gain satisfaction from an agreement. Negotiation skills focus on the need to “give and take” as we bargain to find a resolution. Communication and emotional intelligence skills play a key part in dealing with the emotions that can arise during the negotiation process.
Key learning content
- Advantages of Effective Negotiation
- How Well Do You Negotiate?
- The 12 Steps of Negotiation
- Prepare for negotiation
- Define the parameters of the negotiation
- Research the issues
- Identify stakeholder Interests in a negotiation
Prepare to negotiate
- Develop your negotiation strategy
- Negotiation schedules
- Power factors in negotiation
- Identify sources of power in a negotiation
Negotiation: the Process
- Negotiation strategies and tactics in practice
- Be aware of and control your emotions in negotiation
- Deal with upset or difficult people and behaviours
- Intensive practice in negotiations and analysis of results
Continuously improve your negotiation skills
- Continuous improvement in negotiation
- Your negotiation development
How this course drives results
- Create an organisational culture that supports negotiation
- Ensure competitiveness is maintained
- Improve business efficiency with the successful introduction of negotiation
- 1 day In house course (short course or module in a training program) or
- 3 session coaching program
Who is this course designed for?
This course is suitable for anyone who wishes to improve their ability to negotiate in a personal or professional context.
Send us an enquiry
Reading a course overview is often not enough to make a decision about whether that course is suitable for you, your team or organisation.
Here at FMI we have a wealth of knowledge and experience in management and leadership which we are happy to share with you. If you would like to chat about your particular needs we can advise you on suitable learning and development solutions for you, even if it includes services that we do not currently offer.
If you are interested in delivery for onsite training for a group in your organisations, we can vary or design the course to suit your specific needs and organisational objectives.
We also specialise in designing training courses, coaching programs and assessment tools, so if you can’t find what you’re looking for, be sure to ask us if we can put it together for you.