MAKING THE TRANSITION TO A NEW MANAGER ROLE
Making the transition from a team member to a new manager, frontline manager, supervisor or team leader can be challenging. The new role is usually more demanding than anticipated. This can be stressful for the new manager, their manager, their team and the organisation. There is often a gap between expectations, capabilities and experience and those required for the new position.
Learning to manage others for the first time requires an adjustment to the way you work, how you perceive yourself and how others perceive you. FMI has developed a range of New Manager Training Programs to assist new managers to make the transition to their new role and enhance their effectiveness. Our Programs combine structured learning with on the job projects, feedback tools workplace activity.
NEW MANAGER TRAINING PROGRAMS
FMI’s New Manager Training Programs are designed to:
- Enhance knowledge about the role of a manager, people skills, how to lead the team to work effectively and how to enhance team performance
- Develop skills in an environment that fosters support and feedback and motivates new managers to continue to develop their capabilities
- Apply skills in the workplace to deliver actual improvements to workplace performance as a manager and leader
- Continue to improve with ongoing support to ensure the new manager leads their team to improved performance and organisational outcomes
INSIDE NEW MANAGER TRAINING PROGRAMS
- Communicate with your team
- Communicate with your managers
- Communicate with your customers and other stakeholders
- Work priorities for new managers
- Manage time
- Manage essentials of project work
Performance management and leadership
- Manage performance
- Leadership styles
- Motivate your team
- People skills for the workplace
- Run effective team meetings
- Delegate effectively
- Coach your team
Issues new manager face
- Challenges you face as a manager
- Resolve conflict
- Be assertive as a new manager
- Deal with difficult situations
- WHS and other requirements
- Overcome barriers and survive stress as a new manager
- Balance your life and work
Need more information?
Reading a training program overview is often not enough to make a decision about whether that program is suitable for your team or organisation.
Here at FMI we have a wealth of knowledge and experience in management and leadership which we are happy to share with you. If you would like to chat about your particular needs we can advise you on suitable learning and development solutions for you, even if it includes services that we do not currently offer.
If you are interested in delivery for onsite training for a group in your organisations, we can vary or design the course to suit your specific needs and organisational objectives.
We also specialise in designing training courses, coaching programs and assessment tools, so if you can’t find what you’re looking for, be sure to ask us if we can put it together for you.