Learning to manage others for the first time requires an adjustment to the way you work, how you perceive yourself and how others perceive you. FMI has developed a range of New Manager Training Programs to assist new managers to make the transition to their new role and enhance their effectiveness. Our Programs combine structured learning with on the job projects, feedback tools workplace activity.
Making the transition from a team member to a new manager, frontline manager, supervisor or team leader can be challenging. The new role is usually more demanding than anticipated. This can be stressful for the new manager, their manager, their team and the organisation. There is often a gap between expectations, capabilities and experience and those required for the new position.
FMI’s New Manager Training Programs are designed to:
- Enhance knowledge about the role of a manager, people skills, how to lead the team to work effectively and how to enhance team performance
- Develop skills in an environment that fosters support and feedback and motivates new managers to continue to develop their capabilities
- Apply skills in the workplace to deliver actual improvements to workplace performance as a manager and leader
- Continue to improve with ongoing support to ensure the new manager leads their team to improved performance and organisational outcomes
Program will vary according to organisational preferences. Sessions available include:
- Communicate with your team
- Communicate with your managers
- Communicate with your customers and other stakeholders
- Work priorities for new managers
- Manage time
- Manage essentials of project work
Performance management and leadership
- Manage performance
- Leadership styles
- Motivate your team
- People skills for the workplace
- Run effective team meetings
- Delegate effectively
- Coach your team
Issues new manager face
- Challenges you face as a manager
- Resolve conflict
- Be assertive as a new manager
- Deal with difficult situations
- WHS and other requirements
- Overcome barriers and survive stress as a new manager
- Balance your life and work
Delivery mode and duration of this program is customised for your organisation’s specific objectives.
Who is this program designed for?
This program is designed for people working in or moving into new management, team leader or supervisor roles.