This course provides managers with a practical approach to improve people skills including communication skills and emotional intelligence.
This course is designed for people who want to improve their ability to connect and communicate with others in a way that builds trust and respect. Interpersonal skills are the vital for anyone working with a team or in a client facing role.
The foundations of good people skills are emotional intelligence and communication skills. These can be applied to address challenging situations such as conflict, performance related issues or interpersonal difficulties. They can also be used to improve networking, collaboration, problem solving and negotiation.
- Self-awareness of emotions
- Self-control of emotions
- Recognise other people’s emotions
- Strategies to effectively respond to other people’s emotions
- The elements of communication
- Authority, protocols, policies and confidentiality
- Audience information needs and goals for communication
- Select the most appropriate time, place, medium and language to communicate
- Use active listening and feedback to confirm and clarify understanding
- Challenging conversations
- Manage conflict
- Give and receive feedback
Apply people skills
- Problem solving
- Improve people interactions and relationships
- Build relationships based on trust and respect
- Develop confidence and assertiveness
- Create a culture that encourages people to speak up
This course is suitable for people who interact with other people as part of their role.
2 days face to face OR 8 x 90 sessions delivered via Zoom or other video platform
This course is available as a course by coaching. Contact FMI for more details