This is a coaching program developing practical management skills for business owners and operators who want to improve their ability to set strategic objectives and standards and manage the business in order to achieve these goals. The program includes business strategy, workplace culture, people management and customer experience management. It is designed to cover a range of common challenges faced by business owners and operators as they seek to improve and grow their operations.
This coaching program offers a practical, work based approach to developing management skills. The coach works with the participant to identify key content areas to focus on, working through learning objectives and tailoring the program to suit their specific learning needs and working context. The coaching sessions also provide the opportunity to discuss and reflect on actual practice. Between each session the participant applies learning to their work and is able to review and evaluate their performance with the coach.
This coaching program helps to develop knowledge, improve capability and build confidence as business owners and operators.
Key learning content
Topics for this coaching program are selected from the following:
- Collect and analyse information
- Decision making and setting strategy
- Stakeholder management
- Reporting and keeping on track
Positive workplace culture
- Assertiveness and honesty
- Build trust and respect
- Motivate and engage team
- Role model leadership behaviour
- Workplace ethics and code of conduct
- Physical environment and its impact on wellbeing
- Effective communication as a manager
- Understand and apply emotional intelligence
- Manage performance
- Coach your team
- Customer experience management
- Design of customer experiences
- Management of implementation team
- Feedback and improvement
Issues managers face
- Resolve conflict
- Be assertive as a manager
- Deal with difficult situations
- WHS and other requirements
- Overcome barriers and survive stress
- Managing change
How this course drives results
- Ensure clear business objectives and strategies
- Develop a team environment that supports people to work effectively
- Improve performance and productivity of teams with sound management
- Improve ability to manage issues such as conflict and change
Typical delivery schedule is 8 sessions delivered over 14 weeks (delivered fortnightly) however this can be adjusted to suit specific objectives. Sessions are delivered via video or phone call.
Who is this program designed for?
This program is designed for owners or managers of organisations.
Send us an enquiry
Reading an overview is often not enough to make a decision about whether that course or program is suitable for you, your team or organisation. Please contact us to discuss your specific challenges, development needs and strategic initiatives. We can advise you on suitable learning and development solutions, even if it includes courses, programs or services not included in our catalogue.