This is a coaching program for people managers who want to improve their ability to manage people in their team and overcome common challenges faced by people managers.
This coaching program is based on FMI’s popular Practical Management Skills course and offers a practical, work based approach to developing management skills.
The program is typically delivered over a three to twelve month period. It is designed for people who are currently working as a manager.
The coach works with the participant to identify key content areas to focus on, working through learning objectives and tailoring the program to suit their specific learning needs and working context. Between each session the participant applies learning to their work and is able to review and evaluate their performance with the coach.
This coaching program helps to develop knowledge, improve capability and build confidence for new managers.
Introduction and overview
- Course overview
- Your targets for this course
Your role as a manager
- Your management role, responsibilities and values
- Lead by example and respect team members
- Identify areas for improvement in team work
- Set clear expectations for your team members
People skills, communication and emotional intelligence
- People skills and relationships for managers
- Clear and concise communication with teams and stakeholders
- Assertive communication
- Advanced emotional intelligence
Prioritise and delegate work
- Review and prioritise work and time
- Plan delegation
- Practical delegation
- Follow up to delegation
Lead and motivate as a manager
- Understand your leadership style
- Motivate, engage and energise people
- Set goals, roles and responsibilities for others
- Develop a positive team culture
Coach, mentor and support people
- Manage different personalities you work with
- Coach and mentor people for improved performance
- Manage performance and behavioural feedback
- Give performance feedback
Meet challenges for managers
- Meet challenges as a manager
- Keys to manage conflict
- Lead difficult conversations
Move forward as a manager
- Build resilience and manage stress as a manager
- Develop a continuous improvement mindset
- Course review
- Develop your management and leadership confidence and capabilities further
FMI’s coaching is delivered online via Zoom in 60 or 90 minute sessions. Participants can select program that is most suitable for their situation and budget.
The participant agrees outcomes they wish to achieve through the coaching. This agreement is documented so it can be referred back to review and check progress being made.
FMI coaches are experienced as leaders and managers themselves and help people with practical and effective coaching to enhance their abilities as leaders and managers.
The value of coaching programs with FMI
FMI’s coaching services help managers develop strengths in the specific areas that are most important for them and their work context. Programs are designed to ensure that development is embedded into actual workplace practice. The targeted and customised coaching programs offer a highly cost-effective and efficient way to optimise leadership and management performance.
This coaching program is designed for people who are currently working as a manager and want to improve their people management.
- 8 x 60 minute sessions OR
- 8 x 90 minute sessions OR
- 10 x 90 minute sessions
- Scheduling to be agreed between participant and coach; work day, early morning, evening and weekend sessions available
- Delivered via Zoom or other video based platform