This course develops practical management skills for managing people to achieve results.
The challenge of leading and managing other people is both exciting and demanding. Leaders and managers (both new and experienced) play a vital role in making sure that the team performs. They need good team and people management skills as well as a thorough understanding of the technical aspects of their work. They need to plan and organise work and time well, often in turbulent rapidly changing environments. They also need to lead teams through issues they face and continually improve the way work is carried out.
Key learning content
Effective communication as a manager
- Communicate with your team
- Communicate with your managers
- Communicate with your customers and other stakeholders
- Set work priorities
- Manage time
- Manage project essentials
Performance Management & Leadership
- Managing performance
- Leadership Styles
- Motivate your team
- People skills for the workplace
- Running effective team meetings
- Coaching your team
Issues Managers Face
- Resolving conflict
- Being assertive as a manager
- Dealing with difficult situations
- OHS and other requirements
- Overcoming barriers and surviving stress
How this course drives results
- Provide team members with the skills they need to manage a team
- Improve performance and productivity of teams with sound management
- Remove barriers to allocation and completion of work
- 2 day In house course (short course or module in a training program) or
- 3 – 6 session coaching program
Who is this course designed for?
This course is suitable for anyone working in or moving into a management, supervisor or team leader role.
Send us an enquiry
Reading an overview is often not enough to make a decision about whether that course or program is suitable for you, your team or organisation. Please contact us to discuss your specific challenges, development needs and strategic initiatives. We can advise you on suitable learning and development solutions, even if it includes courses, programs or services not included in our catalogue.