This course gives managers a practical approach to managing themselves and others more effectively.
Participants learn practical approaches to optimise the way they manage people and work.
It helps participants to manage personal effectiveness such as confidence, assertiveness, stress and resilience. This includes developing personal leadership and managing time and priorities. It also involves developing resilience, building confidence as a manager and planning your ongoing development.
The course explains how to manage interpersonal relationships with people. It includes people skills as a leader and communication skills for managers. It also helps managers identify how to apply emotional intelligence at work. These skills are then tested in challenging situations such as managing conflict and leading difficult conversations.
Importantly the course also focuses on how to lead teams and delegate work and manage performance as well as meet challenges you may face in leading the team.
Manage personal effectiveness
- Personal leadership
- Manage your time and priorities
- Manage stress and develop resilience
- Build confidence as a manager
- Plan for your own development
Manage people effectively
- People skills and relationships at work
- Effective communication at work
- Emotional intelligence at work
- Lead difficult conversations
Manage team performance
- Lead teams
- Delegate and assign work
- Performance management
- Identify challenges you face in your role
- Manage behavioural issues
- Manage performance below standards
- Plan what you have learned that you will put into practice as a manager
- Provide team members with the skills they need to manage a team
- Improve performance and productivity of teams with sound management
- Remove barriers to allocation and completion of work
This course is suitable for anyone working in or moving into a management, supervisor or team leader role.
2 days face to face OR 8 x 90 sessions delivered via Zoom or other video platform
This course is available as a course by coaching. Contact FMI for more details