DEVELOPING PRACTICAL MANAGEMENT SKILLS
The challenge of leading and managing other people is both exciting and demanding. Leaders and managers (both new and experienced) play a vital role in making sure that the team performs. They need good team and people management skills as well as a thorough understanding of the technical aspects of their work. They need to plan and organise work and time well, often in turbulent rapidly changing environments. Leaders and managers must make effective work decisions using a range of strategies and decision making tools. They also need to lead teams through change and continually improve the way work is carried out.
PRACTICAL MANAGEMENT SKILLS TRAINING PROGRAMS
FMI’s Practical Management Skills Training Programs are designed to:
- Enhance knowledge about personal management, operational management, people management, leadership and improving people performance
- Develop skills in an environment that fosters support and feedback and motivates managers to continue to develop their capabilities
- Apply skills in the workplace to deliver actual improvements to workplace performance as a manager and leader
- Continue to improve with ongoing support to ensure the manager leads their team to improved performance and organisational outcomes
INSIDE PRACTICAL MANAGEMENT SKILLS TRAINING PROGRAMS
Effective communication as a manager
- Communicate with your team
- Communicate with your managers
- Communicate with your customers and other stakeholders
- Set work priorities
- Manage time
- Manage project essentials
Performance management and leadership
- Manage performance
- Leadership Styles
- Motivate your team
- People skills for the workplace
- Running effective team meetings
- Coach your team
Issues managers face
- Resolve conflict
- Be assertive as a manager
- Deal with difficult situations
- WHS and other requirements
- Overcome barriers and survive stress
Need more information?
Reading a training program overview is often not enough to make a decision about whether that program is suitable for your team or organisation.
Here at FMI we have a wealth of knowledge and experience in management and leadership which we are happy to share with you. If you would like to chat about your particular needs we can advise you on suitable learning and development solutions for you, even if it includes services that we do not currently offer.
If you are interested in delivery for onsite training for a group in your organisations, we can vary or design the course to suit your specific needs and organisational objectives.
We also specialise in designing training courses, coaching programs and assessment tools, so if you can’t find what you’re looking for, be sure to ask us if we can put it together for you.