Improve confidence to prepare and present informative and persuading presentations by developing key presentation skills.
Presentations can be delivered to any number of people and on any topic, but the key to delivering a good presentation in engaging your audience. To do this you must feel confident and prepared before giving the presentation, having considered your objectives and your audience and how to build a rapport with them. During the presentation you must be prepared for a range of things such as delivering on schedule, audience management (people not paying attention or asking difficult questions) and equipment failure (projector or microphone not working).
This workshop covers the essential presentation skills you need to effectively plan a presentation, including overview of content and visual aids. It also includes practical exercises to help you improve your presentation delivery with the opportunity to practice and receive feedback throughout the course.
Presentation skills to prepare for presentations
- How to plan an effective presentation
- The importance of powerful opening and closing
- Check venue and equipment
- Prepare presentation resources
- Rehearse and review the presentation
Present with confidence
- Present effectively
- The total message – body, voice, eyes
- Audience management
- Manage questions and answers
- Deliver on schedule,
- Manage equipment and resource issues
- Ensure people can represent the organisation with confidence as they deliver presentations to management, colleagues, clients and / or stakeholders
- Improve confidence to present
- Use presentation skills fundamentals to plan effective presentations
- 2 day In house course (short course or module in a training program) or
- 3 – 6 session coaching program
Who is this course designed for?
This course is suitable for people who want to deliver presentations that inform and persuade.