This course enables people to plan and deliver professional communication in a way that is clear, engages the audience, and is effective in achieving results.
Effective communication and influence are essential for people in leadership and team positions to achieve results. They have to communicate with and influence their teams; they have to negotiate with customers, people in the organisation and other stakeholders. Communication involves careful analysis, setting clear goals and then engaging, persuading, meeting and following up.
Key learning content
- Communication at work
- The elements of communication
- Authority, protocols, policies and confidentiality
- Audience information needs and goals for communication
- Select the most appropriate medium to communicate
- Schedule and plan communication
Communication that engages
- Use the best method to engage with your audience
- Relationship styles in communication
- Appropriate language and active listening
- Feedback to confirm and clarify understanding
- Manage barriers to communication, difficult communication and conflict situations
- Build rapport, respect, trust and positive approaches
Persuade, influence and negotiate
- Identify who you want to persuade or influence
- Understand other people’s point of view, anticipate positions and prepare arguments
- Examine options and use appropriate communication styles
- Present with influence and assertiveness
- Client and team negotiations
Lead effective meetings
- Organise meetings; agendas, prepare pre-meeting information
- Achieve effective outcomes from meetings and record outcomes
- Review and improve leadership of meetings
How this course drives results
- Improve productivity through improved communication
- Reduce time wasting in meetings
- Ensure staff are representing the organisation with a professional level of communication
- 1 day In house course (short course or module in a training program) or
- 3 session coaching program
Who is this course designed for?
This course is suitable for anyone in a leadership or team role who wants to improve their ability to communicate, influence and persuade in work situations.
Send us an enquiry
Reading an overview is often not enough to make a decision about whether that course or program is suitable for you, your team or organisation. Please contact us to discuss your specific challenges, development needs and strategic initiatives. We can advise you on suitable learning and development solutions, even if it includes courses, programs or services not included in our catalogue.