This course provides a solid foundation for managers and project leaders to plan and carry out successful projects at work in a professional way.
Managers must be able to run projects efficiently and effectively and deliver on-time and on-budget.
Projects are activities that have defined start and end dates. Unlike “business as usual”, projects set out to achieve specified objectives with limited resources such as time, budget, people resources, material resources and equipment. The ability to manage projects involves defining the project scope, obtaining the resources, delivering the project within schedule and budget and meeting other relevant parameters such as safety and risk management.
Key learning content
Define a project
- What is a project?
- Stages in the life of a project
- Role of a project manager
- Define a project: scoping the project, project stakeholders, delegating authority and project parameters, responsibility and reporting requirements, project relationship to other projects and organisation objectives, resource availability
Develop a project plan
- Project plan timelines
- Task breakdown and roles and responsibilities
- Using project management tools
- Project risk management plan, including workplace health and safety (WHS)
- Project budget development and approval
- Team consultation on plan
- Plan finalisation and approval
Manage a project
- Initiating a project and briefing the team
- Supporting the team
- Record keeping
- Managing finances, resources and quality
- Risk management
- Achieving project deliverables
Finalise and review a project
- Completing financial records
- Re-assigning staff
- Completing documentation and sign offs
- Review outcomes and processes against plan
- Team involvement in review
- Lessons learned
- Documenting and reporting learning’s from the project
How this course drives results
- Improve management of projects to keep them on schedule and budget
- Ensure all work carried out is in line with project objectives and parameters
- Improve the ongoing management of projects to enhance productivity and profitability
- 1 – 2 day In house course (short course or module in a training program) or
- 3 session coaching program
Who is this course designed for?
This course is suitable for people who are involved in the management or delivery of projects within their team or organisation.
Send us an enquiry
Reading an overview is often not enough to make a decision about whether that course or program is suitable for you, your team or organisation. Please contact us to discuss your specific challenges, development needs and strategic initiatives. We can advise you on suitable learning and development solutions, even if it includes courses, programs or services not included in our catalogue.