Develop a calm, focused and positive approach to work by reducing workplace stress and its effects.
We often “stress” about the outcomes of things such as looming deadlines, quantity of difficulty of work or expectations that we set for ourselves or others. There are many factors which are outside of our control such as the passing of time, our limited capacity as individuals and the expectations of other people- but what we can control is our response to these things. Managing stress involves setting realistic expectations, putting in your best effort and being happy with the outcome regardless of whether it met your initial expectations. This can have a positive impact on both emotional and physical factors of stress. Managing your stress is a skill which can be used in both your personal and professional lives.
Key learning content
- Analysing key stressors in your workplace
- Setting stress management goals
- Maintain focus and organisation to stay calm
- Reduce the external stressors through better work focus and organisation
- Reduce impact of the stressors
- Reduce the internal effects of stress
- Value of resilience
- Responding with resilience
- Understanding your mind
- Managing your mindset
- Take control
This course is available as:
Professional course: 1 day face to face training course with interactive discussion, examples, case studies and role plays to demonstrate and apply principles
Essential Session: 1.5 hour training course providing a concise overview of key principles involved
Fast Track: 3 hour training courses that provides an overview with discussion, examples and case studies of principles and their application
Change Maker: 6 week training program combining course with application in the workplace and review session
Open learning: learners are sent electronic copy of materials to complete course in their own time
Coaching: coaching provided in blocks of 30 minutes face to face, via phone, Skype or email
Blended course: combination of face to face training, online learning and / or coaching
Benefits to the learner
- Keep a positive frame of mind in the face of competing or overwhelming demands
- Be happy with outcomes regardless of whether they meet initial expectations
- Take control of situations and find enjoyment from them
Benefits to the organisation
- Provide team members with the skills to combat stress
- Improve productivity as staff are able to manage competing demands with focus
- Combat stress related health concerns within the workplace
- Create a happier work environment
There is no formal assessment available for this course, however participants can complete a 6 week Change Maker Action Program.
Who is this course designed for?
This course is designed for anyone who wants to improve their stress management.
Reading a course overview is often not enough to make a decision about whether that course is suitable for you, your team or organisation.
Here at FMI we have a wealth of knowledge and experience in management and leadership which we are happy to share with you. If you would like to chat about your particular needs we can advise you on suitable learning and development solutions for you, even if it includes services that we do not currently offer.
If you are interested in delivery for onsite training for a group in your organisations, we can vary or design the course to suit your specific needs and organisational objectives.
We also specialise in designing training courses, coaching programs and assessment tools, so if you can’t find what you’re looking for, be sure to ask us if we can put it together for you.