This course is designed to help supervisors and team leaders become more efficient and effective at their role.
During the course, participants will learn the difference between leading and managing, and how to do both of these effectively. They will learn how to establish team goals, roles and responsibilities and how to motivate, encourage and energise their team. Participants will also learn how to manage different personalities within their team, how to communicate clearly and assertively and delegate successfully.
The course also covers common challenges faced by supervisors and team leaders including managing conflict, holding difficult conversations and managing stress.
- Your leadership role and managing other people
- Leadership and management – the differences
- The side of management you don’t see
- Your responsibilities, accountabilities and duty of care
- Listen and learn – don’t try to do things too soon
Lead the team
- Understand your leadership style
- Motivate, encourage and energise a team
- Establish team goals, roles and responsibilities
- Manage and monitor team performance
- Tips to lead successful meetings
- Deal with different personalities in your team
- Lead by example and respect team members
- Set clear expectations for your team members in a respectful way
- Explain why you want something done as well as what you want done
- Communication styles – being assertive.
- Delegate successfully
- Monitor and manage performance
- Coach team members
Challenges for supervisors and team leaders
- Challenges to your authority
- How to manage conflict
- Manage stress
- Hold difficult conversations
- Plan your ongoing development as a supervisor/team leader
- Create effective supervisors and team leaders who are confident and effective
- Provide supervisors and team leaders with an overall approach to manage and lead others in a professional way
- Assist team leaders/supervisors to understand the need to align work with organisational objectives
This program is suitable for people currently working in a supervisor or team leader role.
2 days face to face OR 8 x 90 sessions delivered via Zoom or other video platform
This course is available as a course by coaching. Contact FMI for more details