This course is designed as a practical guide for managers who are transitioning to a different leadership role. The first 100 days are a critical time to establish clear directions for the way you will manage. It is both an opportunity to launch yourself forward and a time of risk if you are not perceived to be on the path to success in the role.
This course enables you to review what you must do and prioritise what actions you should take first. It provides practical checklists to help you ensure that you optimise your first 100 days in a new role.
This program is selected from the following topics as most appropriate:
Mindset for success
- Optimise the critical first 100 days of the transition to a new role
- Prepare yourself for the new role
- Keep track of your progress
- Focus on success
- Build positive relationships
Learning quickly about the new role
- Diagnosis first before prognosis
- What and how to research
- Who you should talk to and what you should ask and say
- What you should talk about with your boss
- What you should talk about with your team and other stakeholders
Strategic thinking about your role
- What needs to be improved
- What needs to be maintained
- What needs to be removed
- Identify the key things you need to do
- What early wins can you gain?
Focus on performance
- What targets should you set for yourself and your team?
- What delegations should you make?
- How will you measure and monitor performance?
- Manage performance effectively
Align systems with strategy
- What structure will best help you achieve your strategy?
- What systems need to be used or improved?
- What culture will best support your strategy?
Build your support
- What do you need to do to develop your team’s structure?
- How should your team’s capabilities be developed and measured
- What culture do you need to develop in your team
- What support do you need that is outsourced?
- What other support can you gain?
- How can you develop your own capabilities to accelerate performance?
- Provide team members with the skills to transition to their new role
- Enable new leaders to think strategically about their objectives
- Improve team cohesion during a change
This course is suitable for managers and leaders who are already experienced and are transitioning into a new role as a manager or leader.
1 day face to face OR 4 x 90 sessions delivered via Zoom or other video platform
This course is available as a course by coaching. Contact FMI for more details