The mind at work focuses on four key areas of personal skills. These are Stress management, Resilience, Decision Making and Building Confidence.
Key learning content
- The value of stress management
- Analysing key stressors in your workplace
- Stress management strategies
- Reduce the external stressors
- Reduce impact of the stressors
- Reduce the internal effects of stress
- Value of resilience
- Responding with resilience
- Understanding your mind
- Managing your mindset
- Take control
Thinking, decision making and problem solving
- Problem solving at work
- Gathering and organising information to make decisions
- Strategies for problem solving and effective decisions
- Involving others in the decision-making processes
- Examine options and assess their associated risks of action
- Communicate decisions clearly
- Manage teams to implement decisions
- Monitor the implementation and impact of decisions
- The value of professional confidence at work
- Change our mental programming
- Self-Analysis of professional confidence
- Seven secrets of confidence
- Staying calm and composed in professional situations
- Apply emotional intelligence to boost confidence
- Dealing with upset or angry people
- Developing confidence
This course is available as:
Professional course: 1 day face to face training course with interactive discussion, examples, case studies and role plays to demonstrate and apply principles
Essential Session: 1.5 hour training course providing a concise overview of key principles involved
Fast Track: 3 hour training courses that provides an overview with discussion, examples and case studies of principles and their application
Change Maker: 6 week training program combining course with application in the workplace and review session
Open learning: learners are sent electronic copy of materials to complete course in their own time
Coaching: coaching provided in blocks of 30 minutes face to face, via phone, Skype or email
Blended course: combination of face to face training, online learning and / or coaching
Benefits to the learner
- Learn to understand and manage stress
- Build personal resilience
- Develop strategies for problem solving
- Build confidence in own capabilities
Benefits to the organisation
- Identify what workplace stressors exist
- Build team capability to handle challenging situations
There is no formal assessment available for this course, however participants can complete a 6 week Change Maker Action Program.
Who is this course designed for?
This course is suitable for anyone in a leadership role or moving towards such a role who wants to improve their performance and be more relaxed, resilient, confident and make effective decisions.
Reading a course overview is often not enough to make a decision about whether that course is suitable for you, your team or organisation.
Here at FMI we have a wealth of knowledge and experience in management and leadership which we are happy to share with you. If you would like to chat about your particular needs we can advise you on suitable learning and development solutions for you, even if it includes services that we do not currently offer.
If you are interested in delivery for onsite training for a group in your organisations, we can vary or design the course to suit your specific needs and organisational objectives.
We also specialise in designing training courses, coaching programs and assessment tools, so if you can’t find what you’re looking for, be sure to ask us if we can put it together for you.