This course gives a practical approach to time management, improving time use to increase the outcomes from the time invested.
Time management is recognising the finite nature of time and completing as much quality work in this time as possible. By clearly defining what work goals, objectives and tasks are, setting realistic time frames and maintaining focus to complete them, you can improve your use of time. In addition to improving your capabilities you must also work to reduce or eradicate time wasters and interruptions.
This course covers the key strategies and tools that can be used to prioritise time and complete work more efficiently. It includes practical strategies that will instantly create more effective time use such as managing emails, meetings and disruptions.
Set goals for work
- Set goals and targets
- Select individual and organisational priorities
- Stay focused on important outcomes
- Review goal setting
Apply time management principles
- Use SMART strategies and tools
- Plan and prepare thoroughly
- Use technology including email use
- Manage time wasters and interruptions
- Manage time in meetings
- Delegate effectively
- Apply the psychology of managing time
Develop your capabilities
- Develop your time management capabilities
- Continuously improve your time use
- Balance work and life
- Improve productivity of staff
- Improve workflow within the organisation
- Integrate technology and other systems into work activity
- Reduce time wastage allowing staff to focus on work that provides positive outcomes for the organisation