This course provides leaders and specialists with the core skills to plan and deliver training at work.
Leaders and specialists in organisations often take on the role of a workplace trainer for new employees or when new systems or new technology is introduced. Training is an interesting and often challenging role. Trainers have to guide people through a learning process and guide their behaviour and knowledge appropriately. At times it is a difficult role and requires both clear thinking and good interpersonal skills. Trainers must be able to plan, prepare, deliver and review training.
Key learning content
How people learn
- Learning models
- Adult learning theory
- Learning styles
Training needs analysis
- Identifying training needs
- Identifying competency development needs
Designing a training session
- Planning training approaches
- Writing a training plan
- Develop training methods
Facilitating a training session
- Preparing key training resources
- Preparing participants for training
- Presenting a training session
Evaluating learning and development
- Basic ways to assess performance
- Monitoring individual development
- Keeping useful learning and development records
- Measuring return on investment (ROI) in learning
How this course drives results
- Train staff internally with a professional and organised approach
- Ensure expert knowledge on products and services is passed down through the organisation in a systematic and clear manner
- 2 day In house course (short course or module in a training program) or
- 3 -6 session coaching program
Who is this course designed for?
This course is suitable for people who conduct training as part of their role.
Send us an enquiry
Reading an overview is often not enough to make a decision about whether that course or program is suitable for you, your team or organisation. Please contact us to discuss your specific challenges, development needs and strategic initiatives. We can advise you on suitable learning and development solutions, even if it includes courses, programs or services not included in our catalogue.