Challenge coaching is designed to help managers move through challenging situations by learning how to use effective personal leadership and people management strategies.
This coaching program draws on FMI’s relevant people management and personal leadership short courses and offers a practical, work based approach to overcoming common challenges managers face.
This three to six month program is designed for managers currently facing a challenge that they want to overcome by developing their leadership and management skills.
The coach works with the participant to identify key content areas to focus on, working through learning objectives and tailoring the program to suit their specific learning needs and working context. Between each session the participant applies learning to their work and is able to review and evaluate their performance with the coach.
This coaching program helps to develop knowledge, improve capability and build confidence for people managers.
This program is selected from the following topics as most appropriate:
Manage conflict at work
- Strategies for managing conflict
- Assertiveness in conflict
Raise the leadership standard
- Question performance damaging to your organisation
- Demonstrate integrity and credibility
Manage challenging conversations
- The stages involved in managing a challenging conversation
- Understand and manage your own emotions
- Understand and deal with, as far as appropriate, the emotions of the other party
- Provide performance feedback
- Identify and act on issues and problems of individuals
- Follow through on issues and problems
- Plan for change
- Implement change strategies
- Deal with challenges arising from change
Lead continuous improvement
- Plan for continuous improvement
- Implement continuous improvement strategies
- Deal with challenges arising from continuous improvement
- Negotiation strategies and tactics in practice
- Deal with upset or difficult people and behaviours
- Managing your mindset
- Responding with resilience
FMI offers coaching in three different formats: face to face; phone; video call. Participants can select the mode(s) that are most suitable for their situation and budget.
The participant agrees outcomes they wish to achieve through the coaching. This agreement is documented so it can be referred back to review and check progress being made.
FMI coaches are experienced as leaders and managers themselves and help people with practical and effective coaching to enhance their abilities as leaders and managers.
The value of coaching programs with FMI
FMI’s coaching services help managers develop strengths in the specific areas that are most important for them and their work context. Programs are designed to ensure that development is embedded into actual workplace practice. The targeted and customised coaching programs offer a highly cost-effective and efficient way to optimise leadership and management performance.
This coaching program is designed for managers currently facing a challenge that they want to overcome by developing their leadership and management skills.
- 6 x 1 hour sessions (may be extended further if required)
- Scheduling to be agreed between participant and coach; work day, early morning, evening and weekend sessions available
- Delivered via Zoom or other video based platform