FMI’s Practical Management Skills Training Program is designed to develop key management leadership skills to help managers effectively manage people to achieve results. This practical, work based program is typically delivered over 2 – 6 months. It combines four to six workshops with Management Application Projects (MAPs). The program content can integrate examples, case studies and resources from your organisation to enhance relevance and practical application.
During the program participants learn how to address they key challenges faced by managers including how to leverage use of time, developing relationships with team members and stakeholders, assigning and managing work, workflow management and improving workplace performance. The workshops also cover topics such as communication, emotional intelligence, resilience, stress management, conflict management, delegation, performance management and team culture. The extended version of this program also includes system design, operational management and continuous improvement.
The Management Application Projects (MAPs) are self-directed projects that support participants to identify management related opportunities, issues, tasks and problems and take the initiative to address them in a timely and cost effective way. Through the application of the project, participants also develop project management and interpersonal skills.
Personal effectiveness as a manager (Day 1)
- Personal leadership
- Manage your time and priorities
- Manage stress and develop resilience
- Build confidence as a manager
- Plan for your own development
Interpersonal skills for managers (Day 2)
- People skills and relationships at work
- Effective communication at work
- Emotional intelligence at work
- Lead difficult conversations
- Skills MAP briefing
Leading and managing a team (Day 3)
- Focus on results
- Lead people
- Raise the leadership standard
- Be decisive
Performance management (Day 4)
- Delegate and assign work
- Performance management
- Identify challenges you face in your role
- Manage behavioural issues
- Manage performance below standards
- Performance MAP briefing
Additional 2 days for 6 day program:
Operational and service design and management (Day 5)
- Operational management
- Resource planning
- Customer service management
- Service design
Continuous improvement and change management (Day 6)
- Lead and implement continuous improvement systems and processes
- Manage and provide opportunities for further improvement
- Change in the organisation
- People and change
- Strategic MAP briefing
This program can be customised to suit both new and experienced managers and leaders.
Delivery mode and duration of this program is customised for your organisation’s specific objectives.