This course enables people to improve their communication and emotional intelligence in order to plan and deliver professional communication in a way that is clear, engages the audience, and is effective in achieving results.
Effective communication and influence are essential for people in leadership and team positions to achieve results. They have to communicate with and influence their teams; apply emotional intelligence when they interact with customers, people in the organisation and other stakeholders. Communication involves careful analysis, setting clear goals and then engaging, persuading, meeting and following up.
- Communication at work
- The elements of communication
- Authority, protocols, policies and confidentiality
- Audience information needs and goals for communication
- Select the most appropriate medium to communicate
- Schedule and plan communication
Communication that engages
- Use the best method to engage with your audience
- Relationship styles in communication
- Apply emotional intelligence to communication
- Appropriate language and active listening
- Feedback to confirm and clarify understanding
- Manage barriers to communication, difficult communication and conflict situations
- Build rapport, respect, trust and positive approaches
Persuade, influence and negotiate
- Identify who you want to persuade or influence
- Understand other people’s point of view, anticipate positions and prepare arguments
- Examine options and use appropriate communication styles
- Present with influence and assertiveness
- Client and team negotiations
Lead effective meetings
- Organise meetings; agendas, prepare pre-meeting information
- Achieve effective outcomes from meetings and record outcomes
- Review and improve leadership of meetings
- Improve productivity through improved professional communication
- Reduce time wasting in meetings
- Ensure staff are representing the organisation with a professional level of communication
This course is suitable for anyone in a leadership or team role who wants to improve their ability to communicate, influence and persuade in work situations.
2 days face to face OR 8 x 90 sessions delivered via Zoom or other video platform. A shorter 1 day version also available.
This course is available as a course by coaching. Contact FMI for more details